Can You Answer ‘no’ on the Disney College Program Application? You Sure Can!
So it’s that time, Disney Application time. I go to culinary school so my application process has been a little bit different than others. I know people on boards who have already been accepted and I just started! Well anyhoo, I got an email from the Career office at my school the other day saying we could start applying! I of course went to the computer lab the next day and filled out my app! I was kinda buggin’ out, I even rubbed my Disney plaque when I went out the door.
So the Disney App is really no problemo. I was dumb and kept hitting the next button and it kept telling me to fill stuff out and I’m like ‘Duh! use the scroll bar!” they ask you basic questions, where you went to school, do you work, what’s your race, where ya from, yada, yada, yada. Only thing I wasn’t super yeay about was they make you make a log in using your birthday and the last some amount of digits of your social security number. Idk maybe it’s just me being all protective and what not.
But then I kinda freaked out a wee-bit. It came to asking me to check off things I was familiar with baking wise. I selected stuff like pastry creme, artisan and quick breads, gelato, cookies, petits fours, deck ovens, chocolate warmers blah blah blah. Then I was faced with pretzels, souffles and cheesecakes. Of course I made cheesecake at home all the time (it’s my favorite dessert) but not at school and same for souffles so I picked no, I’m not gonna lie on an application! And then those darn pretzels, we were SHOWN how to make them in my artisan bread class but I never actually MADE them. So I hit no too. I was BUGGIN’. I was like oh no what if they don’t pick me because I said no to something as easy as pretzels! I can fold them I swear I have just never used the lye solution! I even said if pretzels keep me from getting into WDW I would never eat pretzels again.
So I wait and I wait and then I get a call from my BEST FRIEND! She tells me that she applied too and I’m like WOOHOO! And then she tells me she passed the online part and then I was like OH NO! :( I thought maybe I didn’t get in because I didn’t even get anything yet. She tells me to check my email and I tell her all I got was something about a phone interview (didn’t even put 2 and 2 together) and then she’s like “you did it too!” and then I was like WWWOOOOHHHOOO!
So that brings me to now, I just did a little tweeking on my resume and hopefully the Ex Ed office doesn’t make me change anything, haven’t had any resume problems before, and then I have to hand in a copy of the email and schedule my interview! Us culinary kids don’t get a phone interview, we have to be in full uniform, pressed and cleaned (i am going to iron everything and pick the best one then shoe shine the crap out of my shoes) and actually sit face to face with the chef from WDW….AAAHH! I said it would be so much easier if next to the chef there was Mickey Mouse just sitting in the chair. And we have to take a HACCP (you culinary kids should know that) test too, guess I’m breaking out the old ServSafe notes and studyin’!
But anyways my interview should be anywhere from October 11th-14th and then after that I get to go home back to Jersey for the weekend!
I’ll keep y’all posted on anything and everything. Gonna be a little hard considering I still don’t have my laptop (got into a car accident driving up to college, laptop=broken, I have a venting post on my other tumblr blog lol) I think the only follower I have right now is me on my other blog so please follow!
So there you have it, the DCP Application. Took me like 1/2 an hour, not even. And you can say no! I’m pretty sure they would rather you be honest anyway. And just remember, if you have any worries, if you are scared, or anxious: “you’ll be fine, partner”
Just let your conscience be your guide! gee, wonder where I’ve heard THAT before…
- gleezada reblogged this from spreadmagic
- dylanssongg reblogged this from jasonmacdermott
- ewitsgeo reblogged this from spreadmagic
- ewitsgeo likes this
- strwbrryfields reblogged this from foreverlifeandme and added:
- awkgal reblogged this from foreverlifeandme
- awkgal likes this
- foreverlifeandme reblogged this from paigeyfbaby94
- emilyfitches reblogged this from thaocu
- lucydornellas reblogged this from dontbendascend
- gryffinhoar likes this
- dontbendascend reblogged this from tlyudacris
- thaocu reblogged this from tlyudacris
- mgannmasters reblogged this from spreadmagic
- emmibobable reblogged this from spreadmagic
- disneybakerdcp reblogged this from spreadmagic and added:
- starsintheshadows likes this
- ayyockeyy likes this
- bianca-ariel reblogged this from toomanytearsivecriedforyou
- toomanytearsivecriedforyou reblogged this from iamdollparts-badskin-dollheart
- lovatonas reblogged this from eonic
- iamdollparts-badskin-dollheart reblogged this from eonic
- eonic reblogged this from bookmouse
- bookmouse reblogged this from spreadmagic
- jennycg5 reblogged this from yescommander
- bookmouse likes this
- the-girl-at-the-rock-show reblogged this from thehopethatstartsthebrokenheart
- adrianaaabethhh reblogged this from spreadmagic
- karlanicolee reblogged this from spreadmagic
- kmgv15 reblogged this from spreadmagic
- kallieomallie reblogged this from spreadmagic and added:
- xxghostofachancexx likes this
- disneyqtpie reblogged this from spreadmagic
- kamikazehummingbirds reblogged this from spreadmagic and added:
- pikazu reblogged this from spreadmagic
- deadstar-shine likes this
- jasonmacdermott reblogged this from spreadmagic
- mysticalmina reblogged this from spreadmagic
- mylifeaskaywuh likes this
- overdose-0n-music reblogged this from dreamt-of-perfection
- mocha-tow reblogged this from spreadmagic
- holaalana reblogged this from aimeklopp
- alpacacrossing likes this
- aimeklopp reblogged this from wannah0ldyourhand
- dreamt-of-perfection reblogged this from spreadmagic
- lost-in-b-bots-abyss likes this
- riispace likes this
- stealmyshankyo reblogged this from spreadmagic
- wishingupontheshootingstars likes this
- dontstandinthefire reblogged this from tlyudacris